What To Read
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
- Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Peña
What To Watch
- Selma by Ava DuVernay
- 13TH by Ava Duvernay (Netflix)
- When They See Us by Ava Duvernay (Netflix)
- Let It Fall: Los Angeles 1982-1992 by John Ridley (Netflix)
- Time: The Kalief Browder Story by Jenner Furst
- The Liberators: Fighting on Two Fronts in World War II: This documentary examines the role of African American soldiers in the liberation of concentration camps in Europe, and the segregation that they concurrently faced at home in the United States.
- Good Enough: One Man’s Memoir on the Price of a Dream: Leon Bass, a retired educator who as a young African American soldier entered Buchenwald shortly after its liberation, has dedicated his life to fighting racism.
- Free Meek: Docuseries about American rapper Meek Mills ongoing battle with the U.S. justice system following a disputed conviction in 2007.
What To Listen To